Partner, Vermont & New Hampshire Personal Injury Attorney
D. James Mackall is committed to providing important legal services to all of our clients and to the community at large. Personal injury claims can be complex but also serve to provide a valuable function to the community at large. Because Mr. Mackall focuses exclusively on this area, he has the in-depth knowledge and experience needed to fight for our clients’ best interests.
- D. James Mackall has been in practice since 1986. He is admitted to the following bar associations:
- Ohio and United States District Courts – 1986
- Southern and Northern Districts of Ohio – 1986
- Texas and United States District Courts, Southern, Northern, and Eastern Districts of Texas - 1989
- Vermont – 1999
- United States District Court of Vermont - 2000
If you have been seriously injured, do not hesitate to call our Vermont personal injury lawyers at (802) 243-0078. Shillen & Mackall offers free initial consultations and take cases on a contingency fee basis.
D. James Mackall was born in East Palestine, Ohio. He attended Denison University, where he received his Bachelors of Arts in 1976. He then got his Juris Doctorate degree from the University of Cincinnati College of Law in 1985. During law school, he was a member of at the University of Cincinnati Law Review and was a law clerk with the extern program for the Hon. Carl B. Rubin, Chief Judge, United States District Court, Southern District of Ohio.
Mr. Mackall also authored "Balancing Section 3 of the United States Arbitration Act and Section 1471 of the Bankruptcy Reform Act of 1978: A Bankruptcy Judge's Exercise of Sound Discretion," in the University of Cincinnati Law Review in 1984. This was selected by West Publishing Company as a "significant student article" to be included in its Westlaw database.
A Knowledgeable Voice in the Legal Community
D. James Mackall is a co-author on "Securities Litigation Against Third Parties: Pre-Central Bank Aiders and Abettors Become Targeted Primary Defendants," in the Securities Reform Act Litigation Reporter from November 2003.
He has also been featured in a reported case: Springfield Hydroelectric Co. v. Copp, 172 Vt. 311, 779 A.2d 67 (Vt. 2001).
Mr. Mackall is a member of the following professional organizations:
- The State Bar of Texas
- The Vermont Bar Association
- The American Association for Justice
- The Vermont Trial Lawyers Association -- Board of Governors
- The Upper Valley Habitat for Humanity - Board of Directors