Founder of Shillen & Mackall Law Office
Dennis O. Shillen was born in Coral Gables, Florida, where he initially developed an interest in championing for the rights of the underprivileged and those seriously injured by the negligent actions of others. His background, experience, focus, and dedication to helping the public has followed him from his time in school through all of his years in practice.
Dennis O. Shillen has advanced the rights of thousands of injured victims since founding Shillen & Mackall Law Office in 1991. He has dedicated his legal career to the exclusive representation of personal injury clients and has successfully obtained millions of dollars in compensation on their behalf. In his pursuit of justice, Mr. Shillen advocates for maximum compensation for his clients and aims to deliver optimal results.
- Florida Bar and United States District Court - Southern District, 1980
- United States Court of Appeals - Second Circuit, 1984
- United States Supreme Court, 1985
- Vermont Bar, 1989
- American Jurisprudence Awards: Commercial Law, Constitutional Law, and Criminal Law
- Vermont Trial Lawyers Association, Founding Member
- Vermont and Florida Bar Associations
- The American Association for Justice
- The Vermont Association for Justice
- The Joan Loring Wing Chapter of the American Inns of Court
- Business Agent representing public employees for the largest trade union in the United States
- The Howard Law Journal, Articles Editor
Mr. Shillen is a sailing enthusiast. As a master mariner he holds a professional captain’s license issued by the United States Coast Guard - Master 50 GT. Near Coastal.